No Shave November is quickly approaching and as we participate to start a conversation about cancer and cancer prevention, Qutie’s Body Bar wants to help you take care of your new accessory.
What is beard oil?
Beard oil is a personal care item for men intended to hydrate and moisturize your beard and more importantly the skin under your beard, which most people tend to overlook.
With the right combination of oils, your beard oil will be thick enough to mimic the natural sebum your skin already makes making it an excellent moisturizer but light enough so your beard doesn’t feel weighed down.
When do you use beard oil?
The best time to use beard oil is right after a shower or after washing your face. After showering or washing your face your beard will be slightly damp so using beard oil at this time will help you lock in the moisture into your beard.
Note: Using beard oil on a dry beard will do nothing for your beard and will make no improvements to the texture, softness, flaking, itching etc… because you will just be locking in dryness.
What does beard oil do for your beard and skin?
- Moisturizes your beard when used after a shower or after washing your face.
- Moisturizes the skin under your beard.
- Conditions the beard.
- Softens and smoothes the texture of your beard.
- It helps with itching and flaking which is common with natural beard growth.
What are the best oils for my beard?
- Organic Apricot Kernel Oil: Natural anti-inflammatory properties calm inflammation and reduce redness, irritation, and itchiness. Strengthens the hair follicles to prevent hair loss and retains moisture for a soft and shiny beard.
- Organic Almond Oil: A natural emollient absorbs quickly into your beard and skin to moisturize, soften and condition.
- Organic Argan Oil: High in fatty acids, oleic and linoleic, it lubricates the hair shaft and helps your beard maintain moisture.
- Organic Jojoba Oil: Helpful in treating dandruff and a dry and itchy beard. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and moisturizes the skin.
- Organic Hemp Seed Oil: The omega-3s in hemp oil add shine, tame unruly hair and give it strength.
- Vitamin E: Increases blood circulation to the hair follicle to encourage hair growth. It helps seal in moisture, reduces hair breakage and protects the beard from damage.
To purchase our beard oil Fifth Avenue that contains all these oils click here.
To browse all of our products For Men click here.
To learn more about No-Shave November click here.