Dermplaining, Shave Your Way to Flawless Skin!
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is the physical exfoliation of the skin. This method uses a blade to remove the top layers of skin and hair. The goal is to leave you with softer, smoother more radiant skin. Dermaplaning is said to help with the following skin conditions:
- acne scars
- dull skin
- dry skin
- sun-damaged skin
- fine wrinkles
Unlike other types of facial treatments Dermaplaning is gentle enough for all skin types, unless you have cystic acne.
How Does it work?
The tool used for Dermaplaning is similar to a traditional straight razor you might use for shaping your eyebrows. You hold the razor at 45-degree angle and slowly roll it across your skin in the opposite direction of hair growth. The motion of the razor is Dermaplaning which allows for the exfoliation of the skin.
With home tools, we recommend Dermaplning once every 2-4 weeks depending on your skin type and skin condition.
Dermaplaning results vary from person to person but some reported benefits include:
- Brighter looking skin
- Better absorption of skincare products
- Makeup goes on smoother
- Smoother skin
- Lighten acne scars
- Removed unwanted facial hair
Your skin will be more sensitive after Dermplaning but will absorb skincare products better so be sure to moisturize and wear sunblock daily.
Favorite At Home Tools
Dermaplaning can get pretty expensive costing between $150-$250 so if you don't want to break the bank we found some home options we love.
Favorite Low End Option
These couldn't get any more budget friendly than $.37 a razor. If you ever wanted to try Dermaplaing this is a great pack to start with.Pros:
- Multi-pack so it lasts a long time.
- The handles are curved making them easy to grip.
- Micro steel blades so it gives a gentle exfoliation.
- Compact so easy to take anywhere.
- Blades dull easy so only good for one-time use.
- Unlike recommended you might need to run the blade twice to get desired effects.
Favorite Mid Range Option
Finishing Touch Flawless Dermaplane Glo $19.99 Amazon
If you're a beauty tool junkie like myself than you might want to shell out a few more bucks for a tool that has bit more longevity.Pros:
- There's a light making it easier to see fine hairs on your face.
- Blades are reusable, provided you sterilize them in alcohol, and you can buy refills.
- The handle is curved making it easy to grip.
- After a few uses my light no longer worked on my device which made me super sad but it did not affect the efficacy of the product. The light was just a nice feature to have.
- Sometimes the blade cartridges would pop off the handle.