Get Glowing Skin With Facial Steaming
Facial steaming is an easy and affordable way to elevate your skincare routine.
Benefits for Your Skin Include:
- Opens your pores, making it easier to extract to blackheads and whiteheads with a dermabrasion tool.
- Cleanses skin by breaking up thick sebum and a build of dirt, which allows for a deeper clean with your face wash.
- Hydrates dry skin.
- Increases blood circulation giving you a natural glow.
- Detoxes the skin by unclogging the pores of bacteria, dirt, and grime.
- Allowing for better absorption of skincare products.
DIY Facial Steam with a Bowl
- Cleanse your skin with our Fair Trade African Black Soap cleanser.
- Bring to boil 3 to 4 cups of water, turn off the heat, and let it cool for 2 to 3 mins.
- Optional: You can add 1/2 tsp of essential oil for every cup of water and/or a 1/2 cup of herbs for every 4 cups of water.
- Hold your head 2 to 4 feet away from the bowl and cover with a towel.
- Steam your face for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Apply our Organic Moisturizing Facial Serum on freshly steamed skin to seal in moisture.
DIY Facial Steaming and Oil Cleansing
- Apply a clarifying oil to your skin based on your skin type.
- Get a clean washcloth and run under warm to hot water.
- Wring out the washcloth so it's damp, but not dripping and put it on your face until it gets cold.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for 3 to 5 times
- Use the washcloth to remove excess oil from your skin.
- Continue with your normal skincare routine.
Tips for Facial Cleansing
- If you plan on adding essential oils or herbs to your steam water exfoliate your skin beforehand so your pores are open, and can receive the benefits of the added ingredients.
- After steaming your skin proceed immediately with a moisturizer or facial oil to seal in the moisture.
- If you are going to perform an extraction of blackhead and whiteheads be sure to exfoliate before steaming your face.
- For dry skin steaming with honey on your skin will add more moisture to the skin because it's a natural humectant.
- Proceeding a steaming with a led light treatment is great because your pores are open it will be easier for them to reap the benefits of the treatment.